Installing the ZED C API
This section explains how to use the ZED SDK in C on Windows and Linux platforms. The C API is a wrapper around the ZED SDK which is written in C++ optimized code.
Download the ZED C-API code available on our GitHub
Building on Windows #
- Open cmake-gui.
- In “Where is the source code“, enter the path of the project folder where the CMakeLists.txt is located.
- In “Where to build the binaries“, enter the previous path and add: /build.
- Click on [Configure].
- A dialog window asks you if CMake can create the “build” folder. Say yes.
- Another dialog window will ask you to specify a generator for your project. Choose Visual Studio in Win64 and click on [Finish].
CMake may take a few seconds to configure the project.
Click on [Generate] to build the Visual Studio project files.
CMake has now generated your project in the build directory. You can directly open the solution by clicking on [Open Project] or by closing the cmake-gui window and opening the build folder.
A Visual Studio solution has been generated. Open zed_c_api.sln and set it in
- To build the ZED C-API, right-click on the sl_zed_c solution and click Build.
- Build the INSTALL solution.
Building on Linux #
Open a terminal in the root directory and execute the following command:
$ mkdir build $ cd build $ cmake .. $ make $ sudo make install